Miss Marijuana 2019 Pageant
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS COMPETITION. OPEN ONLY TO NATRUAL BORN WOMEN WHO ARE BETWEEN 18-30 YEARS OLD, SEE FURTHER ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS BELOW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
By entering this “Miss Marijuana 2019 Pageant” (the “Competition”), individuals submitting entries (each an “Entrant” and collectively, the “Contestants”) accept and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Judges will choose the winning entries and a Grand Prize will be awarded in accordance with these Rules. Any violation of the Rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of Sponsor regarding this Competition are final and binding in all respects.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: You have not yet won.
- Sponsor. The Competition is sponsored by Worldwide Entertainment Syndicate LLC, DBA MissMarijuana.com, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility. Eligibility. All Contestants must be women who are eighteen (18) years or older and Age of Majority on the date that the earliest of the Submitted Photographs (defined below) were taken, and reside in the United States or Canada, and compete in their current US State or Canadian Province or Territory of residence to participate.
Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by applicable law. Employees, representatives, and agents of Worldwide Syndicate LLC, DBA Worldwide Entertainment., and its and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their advertising and production companies and any family member or person domiciled with any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), are ineligible to participate.
- How to enter. To enter, visit MissMarijuana.com (the “Website”) to complete and submit your official contestant registration form. You must provide all “required” information requested and once your profile is created, you will have account access to and ability to include seven (7) different photographs as defined during registration of yourself that conform to the specifications required below (the “Submitted Photographs”) using the upload tool and instructions provided.
Only the Entrant should appear in the Submitted Photographs. All Submitted Photographs must have been taken on or after Entrant reached eighteen (18) years of age, Age of Majority and within the past six (6) months. Submitted Photographs shall not have been altered by software or other means to enhance the photo and must be suitable for publication. Submitted Photographs must not infringe or violate any right of any third party or entity, including but not limited to copyright, right of publicity, and right of privacy. Please check with the photographer to make sure that you have the rights to submit the photographs. Any Submitted Photographs exhibiting Entrant’s nipples or genitals will be rejected. The determination of whether any image exhibits Entrant’s nipples or genitals is in the sole discretion of Sponsor. False, deceptive or incomplete entries or other information provided by Contestants though the Competition may render the entry ineligible at any point in the Competition regardless of when the problem is actually discovered.
Sponsor reserves the right to contact an Entrant to request resubmission of one or more of the Submitted Photographs and/or to request that the Entrant submit additional photos. While Contestants may have assistance in entering data and uploading the photographs, each Entrant must otherwise complete the entry forms herself. Any entries submitted by anyone other than the person appearing in the Submitted Photographs (including but not limited to entries submitted by modeling agencies) will be rejected. As set forth in greater detail below, submission of photographs and entry in the Competition constitutes consent to the use of the Submitted Photographs in any and all digital media and promotional materials in Worldwide Syndicate LLC, DBA Worldwide Entertainment, MissMarijuana.com & affiliated websites, and otherwise in connection with the MissMarijuana.com brand, and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered for the full duration of the copyright in the applicable Submitted Photographs. By entering into the Competition, Entrant represents and warrants that she is eighteen years of age and owns or controls all necessary rights in the Submitted Photographs to grant Sponsor the rights described herein.
Submission of a qualifying entry grants Sponsor and its representatives and agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without consideration to Entrant. Submission of an entry further constitutes Entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title, and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights reserved.
Except as otherwise permitted herein, only one entry per person will be accepted; all subsequent entries will be disregarded. Contestants may submit their entry forms and photographs using the above procedures anytime during the registration period. Date of will not affect chances of being chosen.
- Opening 30 Day Non-Voting Period. After entering the Competition, the Submitted Photographs will be placed on the Website within the contestant’s own profile, where they may be viewed by visitors to the Website. If we find any issue with photos presented, contestants may be requested to submit replacement images for publication on the Website and so long as such images do not display nipples or genitalia, are not obscene (as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor), and do not infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including but not limited to copyright, right of publicity, and right of privacy Selected Contestants may be required to provide additional information or proof of copyright ownership. Sponsor reserves the right to contact an Entrant for any reason relating to the Competition.
During this period there will be no voting permitted as to allow contestants to create their profile. The only voting that will be allowed during this period is via the “Sponsor this Contestant” button where one person or business may pay for votes per the denominations listed and have their name or business name visible below the contestant on her page. These votes will be hidden until actual public voting begins and there is only one sponsor allowed per contestant.
- Public voting round, Day 30-Day 60 - During the public voting round of the Competition, individuals may cast one free vote daily per contestant but can use our Pay Per Vote system in order to vote more than once a day for the same contestant and can purchase votes in denominations described at the paid voter pop-up window.
Through the voting round visitors to the Website will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the posted Selected Contestants from each US State or Canadian province group. In the event that any Selected Entrant is determined to be ineligible, she may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion and her photo(s) will be removed, but Sponsor is not obligated to replace her with another Selected Entrant.
- Rights To Photographs. If a claim is made that Entrant does not own or control sufficient rights in the Submitted Photographs to grant the requisite rights to Sponsor, the photograph(s) in question will be removed from the competition website until such time that sufficient evidence has been provided to prove proof of copyright ownership. The selection of the Contestants throughout each round shall be within the sole discretion of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final, and shall be based on the criteria listed herein.
- Deceptive Voting Practices. “Bot” activity or any kind of robotic or automated voting mechanism is not an acceptable form of voting. If this type of false voting is detected by our server, the associated IP address will be banned from voting. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Contestants suspected in partaking in this type of activity, or any other voting activity Sponsor deems unfair in its sole discretion. Promotion Entities also reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Competition.
- Winners Of State & Canadian Based Pages - Day 61: On day 61 from time of Pageant opening the winners of each “page” defined by US State (including DC and Puerto Rico) and/or Canadian Province or Territory will be announced (65 in total) and chosen to appear in Las Vegas for the Miss Marijuana 2019 Finale.
- Notification to Contestants. Winners of the Website voting round will be notified by email, telephone, or other means reasonably calculated to provide notice. Contestants consent to a background check that may be performed, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, to verify information provided by Contestants and compliance with these Rules, or for other reasons related to the Competition. If you are selected as the Grand Prize Winner, your information may also be included in a publicly available winner’s list.
- Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a cash prize and be photographed to appear on the MissMarijuana.com website. Winner may refer to herself as the “2019 MissMarijuana.com winner and descriptive materials but only if such uses and displays are purely non-commercial and in no event suggest or create any confusion whatsoever that Sponsor or MissMarijuana.com Inc. are endorsing or participating in any manner related to the use of its name, logos, or fonts.
The Grand Prize Winner must be available for the photo shoot within 30 days after the competition ends, with specific dates to be determined. If the Grand Prize Winner is not available for the photo shoot, an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting, 10 days after the competition ends and Grand Prize will be transferred to the alternate winner. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a cash honorarium of $25,000. Cash winnings will be provided after receiving all necessary documentation in compliance with Competition eligibility and successful completion of feature photography at the Sponsor's designated location.
The MissMarijuana.com Grand Prize Winner will be announced on MissMarijuana.com.com via email and all Miss Marijuana affiliated social media platforms. The Grand Prize Winner consents to the use of her name, photos and/or likenesses for advertising and trade purposes in connection with the MissMarijuana.com brand, without limitation without additional compensation, except where prohibited. No Grand Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed. By accepting prize money, the Grand Prize Winner acknowledges compliance with these Rules. To the extent that any federal and/or state income or other taxes apply to the value of the prize(s) and/or award(s) provided to the Grand Prize Winner, the Grand Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for the reporting and payment of such taxes. The Grand Prize Winner must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents.
- Conduct. By entering in this Competition, Contestants agree to Sponsor’s and MissMarijuana.com’s use of their name, biographical information and Submitted Photographs for both online and offline direct marketing purposes in connection with the Competition. Contestants further: (i) agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and (ii) irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Maricopa County, Arizona. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of these Rules; or (b) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike, disruptive, and/or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
- Verification of winner. Potential winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, model release and other documents (“Prize Claim Documents”), as may be required or permitted by law. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within fourteen (14) days of prize notifications sent, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be determined/selected. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s irrevocable consent to Sponsor and MissMarijuana.com, its agents’, successors & assigns or other designee's use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, statement, opinions, biographical information, prize and/or state/city of residence for advertising & promotional & publicity purposes in any & all media or format, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any permission, notification, payment or consideration except for the awarding of the prizes to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in address of Contestants. By accepting a prize, the Winner agrees to maintain her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices while participating in any Competition activity, including but not limited to participation in or use of a prize. The Winner understands and further agrees that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Winner from any activity at any time if Sponsor determines that the Winner’s behavior at any point is disruptive or inappropriate or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor, or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers.
- DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. SPONSOR, MISSMARIJUANA.COM, PROMOTION ENTITIES, AND ALL PRIZE PROVIDERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE ENTRY INFORMATION, HUMAN ERROR, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, FAILURES, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, OR DEFECT OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SERVERS, ACCESS PROVIDERS, OR SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANTS OR ANY OTHER PERSONS’ COMPUTER RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION; INABILITY TO ACCESS THE ENTRY WEBSITE OR ANY PAGES THEREOF; THEFT; TAMPERING; DESTRUCTION; OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF ENTRIES; ENTRY SUBMISSIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR ANY WEBSITE. PROOF OF ENTERING INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE IS NOT CONSIDERED PROOF OF DELIVERY OR RECEIPT. ALL DATES SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE APPROXIMATE. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EXTEND ANY DEADLINES. ALL ENTRIES AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS SUBMITTED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE SUBMITTED PHOTOGRAPHS) BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED OR ACKNOWLEDGED. FALSE AND/OR DECEPTIVE ENTRIES OR ACCOUNTS SHALL RENDER ENTRY INELIGIBLE.
ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR SHALL BE FINAL AND CONCLUSIVE ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE COMPETITION.
ALL CONTESTANTS, SELECTED CONTESTANTS, AND THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, MISSMARIJUANA.COM, PROMOTION ENTITIES, AND ALL PRIZE PROVIDERS, AND THE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO, OR IN ANY WAY ARISING FROM, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THIS COMPETITION, PUBLICATION OR USE OF THE SUBMITTED PHOTOGRAPHS OR ADDITIONAL PHOTOGRAPHS, CONTESTANTS’ NAMES AND LIKENESSES, AND/OR ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, LOSS, OR MISDIRECTION OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGES, OR MONETARY LOSS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, PROMOTION ENTITIES, OR ANY PRIZE PROVIDER BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED TO AN ENTRANT, SELECTED ENTRANT, GRAND PRIZE WINNER, OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE. THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MISSMARIJUANA.COMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
All causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions or comments about the Competition as outlined above, or would like to request the name of the Grand Prize Winner, please contact Sponsor.
- Important. This Competition is not in any manner sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.